Re: Test message

Gene

I just checked the available settings. While I wasn't going to show the addresses of \those sending messages, that isn't an option. In other words, Groups.io allows you to have e-mail addresses someone writes in the message body shown or not shown. It never allows the addresses of those appearing in the from line of messages to be shown.

The proposed change would allow addresses a member might write in the message body to be shown, such as the address of a Brailler repair business. The address of the message sender wouldn't be shown.

From: Laz
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 3:04 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Test message

As the setting is now, even the email address in my signature wasn't
shown in full.

Stay well,

Laz

The regular e-mail address isn't shown. It sounds like a reasonable change

to make, though it will be of little benefit.

The only possible problem I see is that now and then, someone asks on list
if someone has the e-mail address of a person or someone puts their address

in a message if they want messages sent to them off list. I'm not sure that

matters since it is unlikely such information would come up in the kinds of

searches of archives people would be expected to do, but you never know if
rarely or very rarely, something might come up.