Re: Listing the contents of a CD or DVD

Mike B.

Running Windows 10 2004 (OS Build 19041.450), after inserting the disk into the drive, holding the Shift key then closing the tray kept the drive from starting and I could then read the disk contents in File Explorer.  This also still works in Windows 7.

Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Listing the contents of a CD or DVD

Thanks Brian, I think I got it now, thanks to Norma.  And to others, holding the shift key didn't work.

Thanks to all who helped.
Howard

On 8/28/2020 12:30 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
What version of Windows is in use here?    I agree that Autoplay is involved.

If you are using Windows 10, go to Settings, Devices, Autoplay and if Autoplay is on, take a look at what the default action is for Removable Drives.  You'll probably want to reset it to either ask me every time or to open folder to view files (File Explorer).