Re: How to make Firefox let me choose to run rather than save a download?

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

<smiling> Thanks, Brian. Those of us who have been on the net for ages have learned through hard experience how to treat stuff like this. Dunnow what your background is, but I've been on the net since I joined the bulletin board system in 1989. My first computer was a Zenith 151 with 10MB of disk space. No, that's not a typo.

Always best to have control over what your computer does. Windows has become better about not making arbitrary decisions about what you want or don't want, but sometimes you have to speak firmly and take action.

I remember becoming absolutely insensed with Win98 one day what I was searching for a file. The computer put me through a huge dialog which asked how big the file was, when it was created, what kind it was and on and on. I finally got to the end of the dialog and the computer said, "Do you want to find this file now?" I started screaming! When else would I want the blankity-blank file, next Tuesday? Things have definitely improved since then.

Have a great day!

Ann P.