Re: How to make Firefox let me choose to run rather than save a download?

Howard Traxler

Right Ann:
Don't let your computer control you, you control your computer.
but before that, just let microsoft tell you how much of your computer they will let you control.

Howard

On 8/29/2020 11:03 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I wouldn't change FF's options at all!  It is always, always, always safer to download an executable file rather than to run it.  Some of the little applets for conferencing software like to have you run them rather than save them, but you don't have to do that.  If you download the executable file, you will have a copy of it in case your computer goes south, you can upload the file to Dropbox or wherever you save files.  I don't know what instructions you're reading, but save whatever file it is and run it yourself.  Don't let your computer control you, you control your computer.

Ann P.

P.S., It's always courteous to sign your posts.  It allows people who reply to you to address you by name instead of saying, "Hey you!"