From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 3:02 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to make Firefox let me choose to run rather than save a download?

Hi all,

<smiling> Thanks, Brian. Those of us who have been on the net for
ages have learned through hard experience how to treat stuff like this.
Dunnow what your background is, but I've been on the net since I joined
the bulletin board system in 1989. My first computer was a Zenith 151
with 10MB of disk space. No, that's not a typo.

Always best to have control over what your computer does. Windows has
become better about not making arbitrary decisions about what you want
or don't want, but sometimes you have to speak firmly and take action.

I remember becoming absolutely insensed with Win98 one day what I was
searching for a file. The computer put me through a huge dialog which
asked how big the file was, when it was created, what kind it was and
on and on. I finally got to the end of the dialog and the computer
said, "Do you want to find this file now?" I started screaming! When
else would I want the blankity-blank file, next Tuesday? Things have
definitely improved since then.

Have a great day!

Ann P.