Re: restore point

heather albright

I uninstalled jaws completely, so went back to NVDA and so far it is reading correctly. However, narrator is doing that choppy thing when reading text like jaws was doing. So I am at a complete loss. I am running the latest NVDA. I am using the same 3 programs for reading text. SO not sure what fix NVDA to make it start working again, so I can fix it with the other programs, screen readers! Thank everyone for all the suggestions, any more please! Heather

----- Original Message -----
From: "heather albright via groups.io" <kd5cbl=gmail.com@groups.io>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] restore point

It started before I updated my windows. I actually, one, restarted after windows wanted to update, that did not fix the issue, was thinking the windows update was causing it. So next, I did a jaws repare, not sure how to repare NVDA, so was trying to get jaws to work. So jaws asked me to restart my pc after it finished. It did not fix the issue. Did a repare twice and had to restart the system again. I tried 3 programs for reading text; with the same results. Just now checked the blutooth box with the jaws settings, as suggested, did not fix my issue. It is like an out of the blue thing for this just to start; mondays. So the only thing I can think is to uninstall and reinstall the screen readers. I can honestly say I have never had this happen before. thanks Heather