Re: Changing Browsers

Nancy Hill

I am not good at explaining...When I go to google to look something up, IE puts me right where I need to enter my inquiry.  I do not see any mention of IE...just the place where I neeed to ask my inquiry.  When I have tried to use edge, there seems to be more 'things' involved than just landingt on the place I need to ask my question.  That total simplicity is what I am looking for in a new browser.

I am using an updated win10 and one of the latest jaws.

Thanks to all!

Nancy

On 8/31/2020 11:23 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 03:50 AM, chris judge wrote:
What do you mean by invisible?
-
I share this question.  Without a definition of what this means, in practice, it's really impossible to help much.

And, like so much in Windows, and in this case in browsers, ALT+D throws focus straight to the web address edit box and selects what's already there, so if you wish to overtype on a tab/page already open to go somewhere else you can.  It works in every modern browser I'm aware of and I just tested it in Firefox, Edge, Chrome, and Brave and it has this behavior in all of them.