My simple system works well for me.  Am I hearing thatany new browser I set up will have all that extra stuff by default?  Is there no way to get rid of all that extra stuff?

Thanks,
Nancy

8/31/2020 7:46 PM, Gene wrote:

Are you talking about tool bars or other structures you can move to as you tab around the program window that are outside of the page?  If so, and I'm still not sure what you are referring to, that sort of thing is standard today.

I'm not sure how or if you are moving out of the page after it loads.  Use f6 if you are to return to the page.  Once you are in the page, you won't leave it unless you tab or shift tab beyond the bottom or top of it.  When you load a page, you should always be in the page.

I don't know if these comments will help because it isn't clear to me just what you are seeing but they may.

Without more information, I doubt that trying different browsers will help, as I said, having various tool bars and structures on screen in addition to the web page is standard these days.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 6:36 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] switching browsers

Guys, Thanks for the tips on the browser.

By invisible, I mean that when I looked up something with IE, there was
no extraneous  'things' such as places to put favorites or anything like
that.  I hope I can find another browser like that.  I think I will see
about starting out with brave or the new edge.

After all, I did get used to win 10 even though I was very happy with win7.

Thank you for being there for me.

Nancy