Re: Changing Browsers

Nancy Hill

Thank you Everyone...I am starting to get a little hope.  Hopefully I will give something new a whirl by the weekend.

Thanks,

Nancy

On 9/1/2020 12:00 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Not to mention that all modern browsers use what they tried to get the world to call the omnibox, which is what most of us still call the address box because that's mostly what we're used to entering in it.  But I don't know of a single browser these days where the address box/omnibox is not a combination web search box and address box.  If you type something like "largest cranberry harvest" and hit enter, the search engine you've chosen as your default will run that search and present the results to you then and there.

What each uses as the default search engine is different, but they all allow you to set up a search engine of your choosing in the settings.  You can be certain that Chrome has Google as its default search engine and that Edge has Bing.

And ALT+D will throw focus to the address box/omnibox in all of them, and if something already happens to be there, it will be selected, so you can just start typing to replace it if you're done with whatever you had been looking at, be it a web page or prior search results.