Re: Computer Questions

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

I'm drowning in email here, but I wanted to just make a couple of comments. this below is the second email I've seen which asks a question but doesn't give enough information for a good answer to be given. Here are some tips when asking for help with your computer.

1. Tell us what Operating System you're running: Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10; Apple, Linux?

2. Tell us what adaptive software you're running: screen reader, magnification software etc.

3. If your question concerns a program, tell us what program you are working with.

4. If you're having a computer problem, ask yourself if you changed anything recently. What program did you add? What program did you delete? What keys did you press to get the error or problem?

5. If you are getting an error message, tell us what that message is.

If you look through these tips, you'll find that sending a request for help using them will get you much better results.

Ann P.