From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: September 1, 2020 8:03 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] switching browsers

If I want to try more than one new browser, is there a way to easily switch among until I make my decision?When I do add a new browser, where do I go to turn it into the default

Is there any reason to keep IE; if not, how do I get rid of it?

Many Thanks,

Nancybrowser?

On 9/1/2020 3:06 AM, Gene wrote:
there may be ways to get rid of some of it but not all of it. When
you open a browser, type control l and type an address and press
enter, or use a bookmark or use control k, type a search string and
press enter. or follow a link that opens another page, in short, any
time you do something that opens a page or when your home page opens,
you will be in the web page with one exception. If you have set a
blank page as your home page, you will be, I believe, on the address
bar. Most people don't use a blank page. If you do , let us know.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 12:29 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Gene, I think you have interpreted what I meant. Do all the things

you mentioned have to sho up? I really only want to look for answers
or see what's out there. If I find something I want to keep, I simply
link to it and then put it in the Misc folder on my Desktop.

My simple system works well for me. Am I hearing thatany new browser
I set up will have all that extra stuff by default? Is there no way
to get rid of all that extra stuff?

Thanks,
Nancy

8/31/2020 7:46 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you talking about tool bars or other structures you can move to
as you tab around the program window that are outside of the page?
If so, and I'm still not sure what you are referring to, that sort of
thing is standard today.

I'm not sure how or if you are moving out of the page after it loads.
Use f6 if you are to return to the page. Once you are in the page,
you won't leave it unless you tab or shift tab beyond the bottom or
top of it. When you load a page, you should always be in the page.

I don't know if these comments will help because it isn't clear to me
just what you are seeing but they may.

Without more information, I doubt that trying different browsers will
help, as I said, having various tool bars and structures on screen in
addition to the web page is standard these days.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 6:36 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] switching browsers

Guys, Thanks for the tips on the browser.

By invisible, I mean that when I looked up something with IE, there
was no extraneous 'things' such as places to put favorites or
anything like that. I hope I can find another browser like that. I
think I will see about starting out with brave or the new edge.

After all, I did get used to win 10 even though I was very happy with
win7.

Thank you for being there for me.

Nancy