Re: Changing Browsers

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Nancy, you're mixing apples and oranges. Your desktop is just your desktop, has absolutely nothing to do with a homepage.

Homepage refers to what web page comes up when you launch your web browser: IE, FF, Edge or Chrome. It is called a homepage because it is where the software begins. From that homepage, you can go anywhere on the web. Most web sites have a home page which is like the front door to the web site. It is where everything else starts. For example, if you go to:

http://www.portaltutoring.info

That's the homepage of my web site. All the pages in my site branch off that one page.

When you launch your web browser, if you haven't changed it, the default homepage that is displayed is usually Google. You can change this in your browser and make whatever page your home page. I have one browser I use set to display my web site's home page. I have found, though, that I like the way Chrome shows me Google as its homepage. So, I'm keeping it that way.

Ann P.