Re: brave and media

Gene

I've seen cases where saving in that method saves the html file instead of the audio file. This may be because JAVA script is being used to redirect the browser or perhaps I'm wrong and something else is. But I have had that experience. I seldom save files using save target as or save link as but when I did more, that's what I found at times. Whether in such a case, control s works when the audio is playing is something I don't know.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2020 12:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] brave and media

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 01:33 PM, Gene wrote:
You can but I don't know if it works as often as the method I gave.-
Gene, unless the screen reader is doing something very weird on its own, the gaining of focus on a link, any link, and bringing up the context menu to "save link as" or "save target" or whatever phrasing that browser uses should be 100% effective.

It's standard operating procedure, and always has been, to my knowledge. If it was introduced then the introduction was more years ago than I can remember.

I haven't played the vast majority of media files in my browser for years because I generally just save them so I can use the media player of my choosing.