BT headset on Asus laptop

Marie

    Win10 2004 and latest Jaws 2020 on my Asus laptop, with Real tech audio
When I pair my Plantronics Edge headset to the laptop, it works well and will even switch to an I device easily. The problem is when I turn the headset off, I can get no sound from the laptop speakers or the external speakers connected via the 3.5 MM audio jack. I feel pretty sure there is some setting that needs to be changed so this will work without the problem but have not figured it out so far.
If I shut the system down, when it restarts, the sound is back to normal.
Marie