Re: how to find out how much RAM and CPU power a computer can handle

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I have absolutely no idea how to determine what CPU upgrades can be applied to a given motherboard, though I'll bet the CPU makers have scanners to determine that.

I do know that Crucial.com offers the Crucial System Scanner, and the results are presented post scan in a webpage that will pop up in your default browser when it completes, that tells you how much memory your computer currently has, the slots it's actually installed in, and what the maximum memory for the system (that would occupy all slots, if all are not already used) is as well as the type of memory the system will take.