Re: I can't figure out how to set up the brave browser. help please.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Brave is much more security and privacy oriented than the Google Chrome browser is.

That's not a shortcut to Brave if it's reading that way.  It sounds like you may have had a desktop shortcut to a webpage.

I'd create my own desktop shortcut using the shell:appsfolder method documented in below:

Using the Microsoft Special Applications Folder for Creating Desktop Shortcuts

The cluster of 4 steps immediately following need to be done only once to create a shortcut to the special applications folder, which is very handy for creating other shortcuts, so you have that on your desktop for use at any time.

1.  Go to the desktop and make certain no item has focus.  Then bring up the context menu, whether by SHIFT+F10 or the Applications/Context Menu key, and select New,Shortcut from that menu.
2. In the Create Shortcut dialog that comes up, in the Type the location of the item edit box, enter:
%windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder
then activate the Next button.
3. In the Type a name for this shortcut edit box, enter the name of your choosing.  I tend to just call it something like All Apps Folder.
4. Activate the Finish button, which will place the shortcut using the name you choose on your desktop.

When you need to create a desktop shortcut for any application installed on your system, whether it's an installed desktop app or a Microsoft Store app:
1. Open the desktop shortcut you just created above, which will cause File Explorer to open to the special Applications folder.
2. Use first letter navigation, or the method of your choosing, to locate the icon for the application that you wish to have placed on the desktop and select it.
3. Bring up the context menu for that icon, and use the Create Shortcut option.
4. You will then get a warning saying the icon cannot be created here, but it can be placed on the desktop, and asking if you want to put it there.  You will, of course, answer Yes.

You now have a desktop shortcut to the application you had selected in the applications folder.