Re: can't uninstall dropbox

Gene

But if you look for folders, don't delete the actual Dropbox folder with the content you uploaded. Ivf you do, I think you will lose all those files from Dropbox because it will syncronize and see nothing on your machine.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] can't uninstall dropbox

You could go through all the various folders and delete all remnants of Dropbox, but I would think that if you reinstalled Dropbox it would overwrite any corrupted files that might be on your computer. If you decide to remove all old files remember to look in your User Name folder under AppData / Local & Roaming for Dropbox folders / files as well.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:36 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] can't uninstall dropbox

Hi,

It seems as though Dropbox, in all of the confusion from yesterday, has been moved to a place where it doesn't belong, at least it's not located there on my other computer. The shortcut tells me it doesn't work because the location to the dropbox in my start menu doesn't match the shortcut.

I tried deleting the shortcut and it still won't work.

I have a version of Dropbox to install, but since this version or whatever it is doesn't seem to behaving correctly and isn't located in the correct spot, I decided to just completely uninstall it. I went into the programs on the control panel, selected uninstall dropbox, and because it isn't working, I get a message that it can't be uninstalled because it doesn't seem to be installed in the first place.

Advice please? Can I just delete the folders and pretend they were left behind somehow in the wrong spot and reinstall the program or should I leave it alone and just try to install the new copy? I hate to leave corrupted files behind.

Vicki

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.