Re: how to get rid of page breaks in note pad

heather albright

Thank you, I do not have a symbol before the page break, unless, it is the space before the page break. Is that what  your talking about? Thank you, Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 12:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get rid of page breaks in note pad

I'm not sure how it might be done other than the method I'll present here.

This is a symbol and for some reason, I find that I can't add it to the

default speech dictionary or the voice dictionary and have it honored.  I

have to place it in the temporary dicgtionary.  Perhaps others will have

other experiences.

First, you have to get the symbol in a syntax that it can be pasted to the

temporary dictionary.  I've tried just selecting it and copying it to the

clipboard.  It doesn't work.  You have to select something right next to it,

such as a space and select the symbol and copy both to the clipboard.

Then, when you paste what you copied into the pattern field, remove the

additional carachter after pasting.

Then tab once to the pronounced as field and type a space.  Tab to and

activate the ok button, then tab to and activate the next ok button.  You

have solved the problem for this session of NVDA.

I wish I knew a permanent solution but at least when I've tried this, I have

to go through this procedure every time I run NVDA that I want the symbol

not to be spoken.  You may be able to remove the page breaks using search

and replace but I haven't played with that to any extent.