From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 11:06 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get rid of page breaks in note pad

I have been following this thread intermittently hoping that, eventually, all would become clear, but it's getting worse as far as being able to offer guidance from my perspective.

Question one is:  What is the source of the material that has the phrase "page break" announced in notepad?   Is it a copy and paste of, say, an MS-Word document, PDF, etc.?

Plain text files created as plain text files should not have page break characters in them to begin with, and this strongly suggests that something was converted from some other original format, and clumsily.

The answer probably lies not in doing anything related to the screen reader, but in having the original plain text generated correctly, or using the actual native file format it came from to read it.

There are also methods that can be used to strip a file of any given character or character sequence, but unless the only source is the thing that's giving you the problem that's really a very last resort.

If you're able to share an example of a file that's giving you this problem that would be helpful, too.