Re: how to get rid of page breaks in note pad

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Brian, I thought we cleared up this issue. It's not her fault that she doesn't communicate well. The subj line should have been how to stop Jaws or NVDA from announcing page-breaks during continuous reading in Wordpad/notepad.

This is a screen reader issue, *not* a notepad or wordpad issue. I repeat, this is a screen reader issue! I tried to be nice about this, but obviously, I'm not getting through! All this hoo-ha about getting rid of the actual page-breaks in the document is akin to moving all the milk and cream out of the dairy instead of just removing the damned cat!

You do not want to remove the page-breaks from *any* document, I don't care what wordprocessor you're using. Being able to navigate by page in a document is crucial! Taking all the page-breaks out of a document merely to stop a screen reader from announcing them is foolish and counter-productive! It's not needed!! I don't have time, but maybe somebody who has a modicum of sense ought to go over to the NVDA list and pose the question there. The answer might be forthcoming! Oh, and you might want to find out if these are hard or soft page-breaks. <sardonic grin>

Ann P.