From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 10:52 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get rid of page breaks in note pad

Hi all,

RE page-breaks and Bookshare: Bookshare requires that all books which
are scanned by volunteers have hard page-breaks, and that each page be
numbered. This is because of the conversion software which creates a
DAISY book from the .rtf file which is submitted. Each of these books
is marked up by pages. It is vital when proofing books for Bookshare
that page-breaks be announced. Since you can turn the announcement off
in NVDA, it shouldn't be a problem for folks.

As I say, when material is put through either Open Book or Kurzie, it
adds hard page-breaks as if each page were scanned individually.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring