Re: Changing password on an iCloud/Me.com address
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
How to change your Apple ID password on devices with iOS 10.3 or later
1. Open your Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
Your name is located at the top of the Settings page. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
3. Select "Password and Security."
This is in the first section of the menu under "Name, Phone Numbers, and Email." Devon Delfino/Business Insider
4. Tap "Change password" at the top of the screen.
This option is linked in blue.
This option is linked in blue. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
5. Enter your device's passcode to proceed
This is a code at least four numbers long. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
6. Enter your new password twice.
7. Tap "Change" or "Change Password."
Your password must contain at least eight characters, an uppercase and lowercase letter, and a number. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
8. Sign back into your account using your new password on your various devices to access your Apple account.
How to change your Apple ID password on MacOS Catalina
1. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select "System Preferences."
The menu holds information about your Mac, lets you log out, shutdown, and more. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
2. Click "Apple ID."
You can find this option directly to the right of your name. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
3. Select "Password & Security."
Like mobile devices, this option is underneath the "Name, Phone, and Email" tab. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
4. Click "Change Password."
You can also update two-factor authentication in this menu. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
5. Enter the password you use to get into your Mac.
If you don't remember your password, you'll need to use the Apple ID "Forgot Password" feature. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
6. Enter your new desired Apple ID password twice and click "Verify."
Entering your new password twice ensures you know what your new password is. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
Note: If you have Mojave or an earlier version of the OS, select "iCloud" after entering your system preferences. From there, choose "Account Details" and then "Security" followed by "Reset Password."
How to change your Apple ID password on your web browser
1. Open your browser, go to your Apple ID page and sign in with your current ID and password
If you can't remember your password, use the "Forgot Apple ID or password?" link below the login. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
2. Select "Change Password."
You can find this option under the "Security" label. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
3. Enter your current password.
4. Now enter your new desired password twice.
Confirm your password to ensure you know it. Devon Delfino/Business Insider
5. Click "Change Password."
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 08:00
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Changing password on an iCloud/Me.com address
This is the problem I run into. When it talks about changing passwords, it is referring to my Apple ID password, not the one associated with my me.com or icloud.com email address. Very frustrating
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
On the iCloud.com page, right under the login, is the link: Forgot Apple ID or password?
Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.
~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com