From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:31 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Changing password on an iCloud/Me.com address

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM, Alan Robbins wrote:

Don’t believe so as neither of those addresses are my Apple ID and the current password for my Apple ID is different than for those email addresses.

-
Well, do you know what the current password is for those addresses?   If so, there's zero risk in changing your Apple ID password and seeing if you suddenly cannot access your e-mail, as that would clearly indicate that the Apple ID password is "the master".

It is entirely possible that the password for those e-mail addresses will not actually change until the new one is used for the first time by the e-mail client.  Centralized and synchronized passwords operate in such a way that an existing password will continue to work until and unless you supply the new one, at which point the sync takes place.

Apple has been using a single point of access style for a very, very long time now.  And the only reason I can imagine that those other accounts are still working if you have not updated it in the client(s) is because it's allowing ongoing access with the immediately previous password.