Re: chromebooks or iPads?

Victor

Hi Josh:

I recommend sticking with the iPad.  Especially if you want to run a variety of applications.

As I'm sure you know, Chrome Books run the Chrome operating system which is webb-based.  That means you have to use the online versions of common applications such as Microsoft Word.  I've read that before switching to a Chrome Book, one should use the Chrome webb web browser exclusively for a week.  Use that browser to perform all of your major tasks.  That'll help you decide.

The iPadis a great tablet computer and it'll give you more options.

I might be wrong, but I don't think Chrome Books run many Android applications.  If you're interested in Android, you might be better off getting an Android phone or tablet.  But I recommend the iPad.  I like the iPad Pro a lot.

Hth,

Victor

On Sep 15, 2020, at 1:47 PM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a Chromebook, maybe, to play around with. I have an iPad and like it a lot because the voiceover screen reader works great with my orbit reader braille display. So does chromeVox and chromebooks have as good of braille support? I know iPad supports Japanese braille very good. Does the Chromebook? Or is iPad and jaws or NVDA on windows still the best for braille users? And how does the play store and other android apps work on chromebooks? Are they better than on android phones?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10