Re: Thunder Thinks This Is Spam

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:45 AM, Lynette wrote:
this message makes no sense because of your practice of never including info about what you are responding to.
-
Agreed.  It came out of nowhere and was apropos of nothing in the context of this topic.

But, back to Thunderbird.  I am going to give the exact opposite advice from Gene.   Portable versions are great things, and I use a lot of them, but if you're using a machine you "always use" and want an e-mail client it is best practice to use the installed version.  There are differences between portable and installed versions of virtually any product that has both.  And when it comes to using screen readers with them, you can be virtually certain that all testing related to the interaction between the two things is going to have used the installed versions of both.  You're just adding a layer of uncertainty that seldom has any practical benefit by using a portable version of something that has an installed version.