using gmail and thunderbird and getting lots of spam

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I know there's another similar thread going on but after reading part of it I didn't see anything helpful so I thought I'd start my own thread.

I've been using thunderbird for a couple of years now and have been using gmail for a few months. There is a spam folder in my thunderbird and there used to never be anything in it but for the past couple of months that folder is staying full of spam, I realize it's a gmail problem and not a thunderbird problem but is there anything I can do? Btw I'm still on version 68 of thunderbird, I haven't upgraded to 78 yet because I've been seeing problems that other users are having.

Thanks.

Troy