Re: using gmail and thunderbird and getting lots of spam

Gene

The spam folder is emptied automatically in GMail every thirty days.  I doubt you can do anything.  Since you get so much spam, it would be a good idea to check the folder daily, perhaps more than once, depending on how fast mail builds up there, to be sure no messages that are legitimate end up there.

Gene

On 9/16/2020 11:23 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I know there's another similar thread going on but after reading part of it I didn't see anything helpful so I thought I'd start my own thread.

I've been using thunderbird for a couple of years now and have been using gmail for a few months. There is a spam folder in my thunderbird and there used to never be anything in it but for the past couple of months that folder is staying full of spam, I realize it's a gmail problem and not a thunderbird problem but is there anything I can do? Btw I'm still on version 68 of thunderbird, I haven't upgraded to 78 yet because I've been seeing problems that other users are having.

Thanks.

Troy