Re: using gmail and thunderbird and getting lots of spam

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 04:43 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
I just wonder why this problem just started recently when I've actually been using gmail for quite a while.
-
All it takes is a "spammer e-mail address sale," and they do sell lists to each other.  If you happen to have your address sold, particularly if it's sold to multiple other spammers, you can experience some pretty severe spikes in the volume of spam.  And while it usually comes down again, the level it comes down to is usually higher than whatever you were accustomed to before.