Re: A puzzling behavior in an IMAP account

Mike B

Doesn't Gmail store copies of messages in the Trash folder for 30 days?  If so, maybe that's the source.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 5:07 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] A puzzling behavior in an IMAP account

I just started playing around with my Gmail account set up as IMAP in one
e-mail program, the latest version of Thunderbird portable.  I have it set
to delete messages from the inbox when I delete messages from my computer
and, as far as I can see, from the GMail inbox.  But when I run another
e-mail program, Windows Live Mail, the messages download there even though
the GMail web interface shows the inbox to be empty.  So where is GMail
downloading the messages from?