Re: A puzzling behavior in an IMAP account

Gene

I'm not sure what you are asking.  I see no reason that Windows Live Mail is going into the Thunderbird program and importing messages from there.  No other messages have been downloaded than mail I read in Thunderbird before I deleted it.

Gene

On 9/17/2020 7:59 AM, Blaster wrote:
Hmm, Since IMAP allows multiple devices to access and control one
e-mail account, Is it possible that Live Mail is downloading e-mail
from Thunderbird? Did Live mail download any e-mails that you
previously deleted with Thunderbird? If so, that is a concern.

I just started playing around with my Gmail account set up as IMAP in one
e-mail program, the latest version of Thunderbird portable. I have it set
to delete messages from the inbox when I delete messages from my computer
and, as far as I can see, from the GMail inbox. But when I run another
e-mail program, Windows Live Mail, the messages download there even though
the GMail web interface shows the inbox to be empty. So where is GMail
downloading the messages from?