Re: A puzzling behavior in an IMAP account

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 02:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I should add that it isn't clear to me whether this is a characteristic of GMail or of using two different protocols in general with providers.
-
The latter.  Mixed access methods invariably lead to "unexpected results."  And even using POP3 and only POP3 on multiple devices often leads to a complete mess with regard to keeping things in sync if used with the default settings, which immediately removes a message from the server after download.