Installing a SSD drive. Accessible cloning software

Loy

I just purchased a SSD from Crucial. The software is not accessible. Also the drive I got was not recognized when connected with the SATA to USB cable. There is no phone support only an off-line contact form to submit.
Hope I can get a refund. Has anyone had success in installing a SSD of another brand?------------------  How accessible was the software?

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not;
I will lead them in paths that they have not known:
I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.
These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.Isaiah 42:16