Re: Accessible windows software to convert image files to PDF files

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 04:28 PM, Frank Ventura wrote:
Can you import the image file into a Word document and then save it as an .pdf?
-
That definitely will work.  But what I can't figure out here is whether said JPG files are, say, scans of articles that the PDF is wanted to be able to do OCR on.  If that's the case, using Word to save as PDF and then OCR-ing the PDF and saving the text layer will work.

If they're not text-based image files, I can't imagine why PDF format is preferable.