Re: Accessible windows software to convert image files to PDF files

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Since the .jpg files are images and have to be converted to .docx or .html files to be readable by somebody who is using a screen reader, why would you want to change them back to image files as .pdf's? If you're sending these files to sighted people, then leave them alone. If sending to blind or VI people convert them to .docx or .html or .rtf, something the recipient can read without jumping through hoops. Yes, Jaws works but--. Since Jaws' OCR is an afterthought program, I wouldn't trust it to convert .jpg files. You need Open Book or Kurzie or Docuscan Plus to do this accurately. If you want to save the .docx files as .pdf, you can do that in Word.

I still don't understand why you'd want to do this, Frank. It just seems like a lot of work for naught. But hey, that's why I'm asking for clarification.

Ann P.