Re: Subject lines in email

Pamela Dominguez

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.