Re: Subject lines in email

Fanus

Hello

No, I never send blank emails. I asked the question in the subject line and in the body I explained how my system is setup and that on the system tray the volume there changes the system volume. So, ok Thanks Brian, I shall not touch on this again.

Regards

Fanus

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.