Re: Tracking a kitten

Pamela Dominguez

I'm glad kitty was found, but I hope you do choose something to keep track of it. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Mehler
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:21 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Tracking a kitten

Hello,

Thanks everyone for your responses. This kitten just got lost in the
house, it was found, but we'd still like to keep an eye on it.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 9/19/20, Norma A. Boge <naboge@...> wrote:
Hi David,

There are a number of electronic pet trackers which don't involve inserting
anything under the animal's skin. I hope the cat has a chip, but this isn't
used for tracking. It is used when an animal is found and the shelter or
whoever has the right equipment can read the info on the chip, such as
owner's name, phone, etc.
I used a tracker on my cat's collar for quite some time. It wasn't GPS,
which are pretty expensive IMHO. The set up I used had a remote with it, and
the remote and collar would beep whenever they got to within about 30 feet
of each other. Not perfect, but it would help find the cat indoors or out.
My guy got to the point where all I had to do was stand on my deck and hit
the remote, which triggered the unit on his collar. He would hear the
beeping and just come home instead of me having to go find him.
If you'd like to contact me privately I can explain more and perhaps advise
you. naboge@...

HTH
Norma