problems with gmail

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

A few days ago I decided to try to get rid of some of the spam mail I've been receiving by hitting the unsubscribe link in a few of the e-mails, yeah I know now that was a bad idea. Anyway since then I've been getting a ton of bounced e-mails, a lot more than I sent out trying to unsubscribe, and they're all coming to my inbox.

On top of that I've been receiving messages from insurance companies trying to sell me insurance and I'm not looking for insurance of any kind and haven't contacted these companies in any way, and I'm getting other e-mails that seem to be in a mixture of English and another language and from what I can tell they're trying to get me to sign up for college classes. Aside from changing my address is there anything I can do? I'd like to be able to contact someone at google to see if they can help me since gmail is associated with google but I haven't been able to find any contact info. Is this just a gmail thing and the longer a single gmail address is used the more this kind of thing may happen?

I doubt there's anything I can do but I just thought I'd ask, thanks in advance for any ideas.

Troy