Re: problems with gmail

Troy Burnham

Thanks Brian. As I said I know clicking on the unsubscribe links was a mistake, I did it in a moment of frustration because although all of the spam was going to my spam folder in thunderbird I was getting a ton of it so I figured it was worth a try. I will try your suggestion of marking stuff as spam that I don't want from now on and maybe I'll start getting less of the messages trying to get me to buy insurance and sign up for college classes at least.

Troy

On 9/20/2020 2:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Gmail has some of the best spam filtering out there.  If this stuff is landing in your inbox you should mark it as spam and it won't continue doing so for very long, as Google updates its filters based upon what end users mark as spam.

And although it's too late for you, this is a general rule:  NEVER, EVER, EVER use an unsubscribe link in spam e-mail.  It is only there so that the spammer can confirm that the e-mail address is active and being monitored by a human being.  That makes the address more valuable for resale.