From: Walter Ramage [mailto:wpr@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 6:04 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] The deep/Dark net, Scar'r'r'r'r'ry!

Hi guys. I've just finished reading Lee Child's latest book. The thrust of
the book is the Deep net and what can be found there. I wondered if that
could really be true, that is, the things described so I've just done a
Google search and read an article on the deep/Dark net and how to access
it. It seams it is rather easy but apparently very dangerous. The trick is
to enter and leave without being discovered and traced. I like many are
amazed at what can be found on the surface net, the wealth of info is so
vast but it would seem that is just the tip of the iceberg because the
deep/dark net is hundreds of times larger than the surface net and there is
where you will find all sorts of unpleasant and frightening things. There
sickening sights that deal with porn and kiddy porn and sites that deal with
illegal drugs. Sights for obtaining weapons and tuition on how to make
explosives and also assassin web sites where you can arrange a hit. My mind
boggles at just how depraved the world is and what extent some people will
go to. Interestingly the article I read said that not all deep web stuff is
bad and that we often use it without knowing. For example every time you
order goods on line and those secure edit boxes where you put your credit
details, that is on the deep net. Apparently the deep web is run on the TOR
network and the page where you place your confidential information cannot be
found by using conventional search engins, that's the deep net. However it
seems a very scarey place unless you know what you are doing, although the
article gave instructions, I'll stay well clear. How about you guys, have
you ever tried exploring that place, if so, is it as scarey as it seems? ?
Walter.

Avast logo <http://www.avast.com/> This email has been checked for
viruses by Avast antivirus software.