Re: problems with gmail

Gene

I just tried the standard view and that may explain it.  I found that if one or presumably more, messages are checked, I can find the spam and delete button with the NVDA find command.  If they aren't checked, I can't.  The standard view appears to be more context sensitive than simple HTML.

Gene

On 9/20/2020 10:41 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
I should add that I'm using simple HTML.  If you are using the standard view, that might account for the difference, though I don't see why it should.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problems with gmail

I don't know why.  I found them both using the NVDA find.  I was using
Chrome but I don't think the browser would matter.  I started from the top
of the page.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 08:42 PM, Gene wrote:
How are you searching?  I found both.-
With NVDA's find, and it does not find either the "Report Spam" nor "Delete"
buttons.   If I hit NVDA+CTRL+F and enter either "spam" or "delete" in the
search edit box, I never land on either button and get a not found.  And
I've tried having focus anywhere I can think of having focus before
commencing the search.

But when I brute force my way around, and hit each, they are announced by
NVDA.