Re: a jaws settings question

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense.

Troy

On 9/24/2020 8:52 PM, Gene wrote:
That shouldn't be a JAWS problem.  Have you had someone look at the program when the button is grayed out?  It is very likely that it is grayed out in the program.  Whether you are doing something incorrect or the program is having a problem, I don't know.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] a jaws settings question

Mike,

I have jaws 2020 set to read labeled graphics and when I go into the game with 2020 loaded it doesn't even see the graphics that 2018 sees.

Maybe it would work to label the graphics with 2018 and then use 2020, but it's not the graphics I'm having trouble with it's that the okay button is sometimes grayed out for no known reason. In fact I've seen it where the okay button is there one time I play and then the next time it isn't, and no settings have been changed.

It's just weird to me that I sometimes have the problem and sometimes I don't, and yet my friend who also plays never has the problem. That's why I was asking about jaws settings, if I knew what settings might need to be changed I could compare my settings to the ones my friend has.

Troy

Troy

On 9/24/2020 6:26 PM, Mike B wrote:

Check your graphics verboscity setting in J18 then change it to the same in J2020 and maybe changing your graphics verboscity setting to, Labeled, if it hasn't been already will help.

With the baseball program open press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open the Settings Center for this application.

Down arrow to, Graphics and Symbols closed, and right arrow to open.

Down arrow to, Graphics verboscity..., and tap the spacebar to toggle through the graphics settings options.  Your options are No graphics, Labeled graphics and All graphics.  Stop on, Labeled graphics, tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

If this doesn't help you can return the setting back to where it was if you like, but leaving it on Labeled I find works best with Jaws.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message ----- From: Troy Burnham