Re: Does Pontes Media downloader still work

Gene

In case what I wrote is unclear, the link that Pontes uses gets there because the user copies the link to the clipboard from the browser.  Pontes automatically places the link from the address bar into its edit field.

Gene

On 9/27/2020 1:04 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
That's good.  I've never seen the download button not be available even when there was no link in the edit field of the program but I haven't had defective links in the program.

There may be implications for other situations.  Usually, the link that appears in Pontes comes from the clipboard because the user copied it there from the browser's address bar.  If that is what you did and the link was defective, that means that it may be that the very common practice of people sending people links to articles by copying links from the address bar and pasting them into a message may not work with Edge.  If they don't, that is important to know and is a serious flaw.

Gene

On 9/27/2020 12:30 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:
Hello Gene.  I have version 3.1.2-200501. I did reinstall PMD, but my problem persisted.  However, I discovered that all of my troubles were related to obtaining my download links in Microsoft Edge.  I switched over to Firefox and tried again, and presto, everything worked like a charm. That's a good thing, because I find Firefox more preferable.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 10:06 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does Pontes Media downloader still work

It shouldn't matter, but which version are you running?

Its still working, I used it within the last day or two.  I have never seen the download button not be available, whether it worked or not.  If it didn't work, because an update was needed to get around a change on the Youtube site, the button still was there, downloads just weren't successful.
That implies a reinstallation may be in order.  the program itself may be corrupted.