Re: Giving Up on Thunderbird!

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Have you tried doing a complete uninstall, restart, and reinstall?

When a series of atypical behaviors keeps building on itself, that's the first thing any technician will recommend.  And if you've been using a modern e-mail protocol like IMAP to access your messages you lose nothing in doing so, provided you've also synced your contacts and/or calendar.

I have seen very little change in the behavior of Thunderbird over the last several years in regard to how it behaves either with or without a screen reader.  I have seen isolated reports, such as yours, of major issues.  And if you want to even try to stay with Thunderbird "burning down the existing house" and rebuilding it by uninstalling completely and reinstalling would be the starting point.