From: Rich DeSteno
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Giving Up on Thunderbird!

It has been many months now that the Thunderbird email program has been
very difficult to use with a screen-reading program. Prior to that, I
used Thunderbird successfully for many years. I mostly use NVDA with
it. For some months now, I often lose speech and the program slows down
to an agonizing crawl. The apparent downloading of email is announced
one by one, choking off the speech you actually want to hear. At times,
I have not even been able to accomplish anything for many minutes due to
these problems. I disabled the mail and status toolbars, but that did
not help. Over the last day or two, it appears that the problem has
gotten even worse. Unless someone can suggest a solution to these
problems, I am ready to give up on this program. Thus, I would be
interested in hearing recommendations for an email program that actually
works well with screen-reading software, including NVDA. Thanks.

--
Rich De Steno