From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 10:07 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Giving Up on Thunderbird!

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I've said many times on different lists that I see no reason to update thunderbird if all people want to do is use it as an e-mail program.-
Security, plain and simple. Email clients are particularly juicy targets for nefarious actors. It never makes sense to leave an email client that has newer updates running, period. And there is not an IT professional who will ever say otherwise from the perspective of security (which is completely separate from accessibility, and accessibility is a valid consideration, but you need to think about how insecure you're willing to be with regard to programs commonly in contact with cyberspace).

No one ever proposes leaving a web browser that has newer versions un-updated, and for the very same reason.