Re: Giving Up on Thunderbird!

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rich,

I am using Thunderbird 78.2.2 32 bit latest release with NVDA 2020 latest version and Windows 10 version 2004 latest build and I have absolutely none of the problems you are having.  I am even able to use the Thunderbird add on quick folder key navigation with no problem.

I am wondering what version of NVDA, Thunderbird and Windows you are using.

On 9/29/2020 5:59 PM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
It has been many months now that the Thunderbird email program has been very difficult to use with a screen-reading program. Prior to that, I used Thunderbird successfully for many years.  I mostly use NVDA with it.  For some months now, I often lose speech and the program slows down to an agonizing crawl.  The apparent downloading of email is announced one by one, choking off the speech you actually want to hear.  At times, I have not even been able to accomplish anything for many minutes due to these problems.  I disabled the mail and status toolbars, but that did not help.  Over the last day or two, it appears that the problem has gotten even worse.  Unless someone can suggest a solution to these problems, I am ready to give up on this program.  Thus, I would be interested in hearing recommendations for an email program that actually works well with screen-reading software, including NVDA.  Thanks.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"