Re: Giving Up on Thunderbird!

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 09:51 AM, Gene wrote:
Someone with more technical knowledge and more knowledge of spam and hacking may have information that contradicts what I'm saying or someone may find information I haven't, but so far, I've seen nothing that caused me to reconsider my opinion.
-
Then, Gene, nothing would.  There are tons of articles dating from August about how some e-mail clients are far more exploitable than others with regard to mailto: links, and that some of this has been/will be fixed by updates.

It is a fool who, unless for very good reason, uses an old e-mail client or browser when updated versions are available.  And it is dirt simple to find that advice repeated, again, and again, and again.

But I will not say this again because a word to the wise is sufficient.