Re: Help creating .pls files from radio station URL

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Hi Laz. I believe you hit the nail on the head regarding radio stations that have embedded players on their websites preventing my live stream URLs from working from a .pls file when I try to access them from a Blaze ET. I will probably listen to stations with a web player using VLC, which does seem to work with most stations that I would like to hear. It's kind of a shame though. Ootunes is such a wonderful service. Too bad that it is only on the Victor, IOS or BrailleNote. Thanks for thehelp.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 4:06 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help creating .pls files from radio station URL

There are some radio stations out there that use a player on their site and those may be the ones causing you problems. I find it much easier to use a media player that can handle internet radio streams like VLC and if it plays there one has a better chance at success when creeating working PLS or M3U files using the audio player. I used to use WinAmp to do this until I started having issues using WinAmp when I moved to Windows 10 a while back. I haven't looked into Groove, WMP, or any other media player but they may be able to create workingplaylist files just as easily.

Stay safe,

Laz

On 9/30/20, Steven Johnson <saxmonger@comcast.net> wrote:
Anyone have a sure-fire method for creating a .pls file for the Book
Port Plus or the Blaze ET from a radio station's direct stream URL? I
have tried to use notepad by pasting the direct stream URL for several
radio stations, of course, one radio station per file, and saving the
file as a .pls.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I wonder if there is a
repository on the web that has a lot of real radio stations from which
I can create .pls files for media players, not user created internet
radio stations. I want honest-to-God. On-air radio stations, not user
createdinternet stations.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Player/book Reader, Victor Reader Stream & Trek, blindshell Classic phone, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com