Re: accessible disk imaging software.

James Bentley

does Narrator come preinstalled with the Macrium reflect recovery disk like it does with Image for Windows or, do I have to install Narrator myself to make the MR recovery disk useable with Narrator?

James B

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 11:38 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessible disk imaging software.

Macrium reflect's recovery environment is also based on Win PE and narrator works there perfectly.

On 9/25/2020 9:23 PM, James Bentley wrote:

Restoration of an image is accesible via Narrator when using Image for Windows because Narrator comes on the Image for Windows recovery disk which can be copied to a USB drive.  I haven’t checked the price lately but it cost around forty bucks a couple years back for the ability to use it on five PC’s.

One does need one-time help to change the boot sequence on their PC or, one-time assistance to memorize the keystrokes to change the boot menu to boot up off the recovery disk.

Macrium Reflect  is an excellant free choice but one will always need sighted help to run the recovery disk.  Not too bad of a deal to get your complete drive back.